Friday 24 August 2012

Book Shopping

Into the treasure box Amy Edwards Green Inspiration Illustration
I feel slightly cheated that I've been visiting Covent Garden for years and have never discovered Magma. I love books of all kinds, but art and design books are particular favourites of mine. I spotted some of my favourite books and magazines on the shelves, but the most interesting new-to-me book that I picked up, was Little Big Books: Illustration for Children's Picture Books. Into The Treasure Box Illustration Little Big Books Amy Magma Into The Treasure Box Illustration Little Big Books Amy Magma
I have always been fascinated by the illustrations in children's books - and there are some lovely examples of such in this book, with a wide variety of styles. I prefer the more traditional hand-drawn images, but the whole book is fabulous.
Into The Treasure Box Illustration Little Big Books Amy Magma Into The Treasure Box Illustration Little Big Books Amy Magma "Little Big Books showcases the best examples of illustration for children's books and documents current trends in their design. Reflecting a broad range of styles, methods, and materials, the images and concepts featured here provide an insightful overview of the most important aesthetic developments over the last several years." 

Description from the Magma Books website. Into The Treasure Box Illustration Little Big Books Amy Magma

No comments:

Post a Comment